Citizens’ Climate Education (CCE) works to build a national, bipartisan coalition supporting a revenue neutral carbon dividend approach to address climate change. This coalition coordinates with CCE’s sister 501(c)(4) organization, Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL), when volunteers engage in advocacy for specific legislation. This position will work within CCL to initiate and implement outreach to young adult conservatives and Republicans on carbon pricing and carbon dividends as a mechanism to mitigate climate change.
RESPONSIBILITIES STRUCTURED AROUND THE FOLLOWING GOALS:
- Build a network of conservative and Republican young adults who are interested in climate policy that you engage on a regular basis.
- Train young conservatives and Republicans to voice a constructive message for putting a price on carbon emissions. Actions may include:
- speaking at events & hosting meetings & events to discuss climate policy - in person or virtual
- publish media supporting carbon pricing: social media, local & regional papers, podcasts
- participating in organizations and events to network with conservatives
- supporting CCL’s Young Conservative Caucus
- Develop, propose, test & implement outreach methods to young adult conservatives & Republicans.
- Provide occasional administrative support including email, calls, research and data entry.
- Responsibilities can be adjusted according to an intern’s interests and skills.