The Program Director is responsible for overseeing the implementation and rollout of Rapid Adaptive Management. They serve as the principle contact to internal Business Units as teams implement this way of working that merges agile and lean startup ways of working. They are responsible for experimenting with agile and lean startup approaches to better understand what aspects of these approaches work and are relevant for conservation as well as what aspects do not work. They are responsible for capturing the lessons learned and formalizing the approach so that it can be more widely disseminated. The Program Director recruits, vets, onboards and manages the agile coaches and lean startup facilitators who will be responsible for team level transformations. To learn more about Rapid Adaptive Management, see the Executive Summary of our pilot program here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAJNNERZGBQwryEi3bdqlDjMWB7pu66d/view?u...
The Program Director also oversees the Operations function of the Agility Lab.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- On the Agility Lab Leadership Team
- Creates Rapid Adaptive Management workplans and manages rollouts through to completion
- Recruits, vets, onboards and manages the team of agile coaches and lean startup facilitators who implement team level transformations
- Manages the pipeline for teams wanting to implement Rapid Adaptive Management rollouts
- Builds an ongoing support function for teams post rollout
- Creates/revises materials (playbooks/guides etc)
- Measurement and evaluation of the program
- Oversees Agility Lab Operations
- Establishes and maintains optimal performance standards within budget.
- Frequently makes independently strategic decision based on analysis, ambiguous information and context.
- Negotiates complex agreements with internal TNC Business Units
- Frequent travel domestically and/or internationally, evening and weekend hours.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.