Biodiversity matters. Reversing biodiversity loss requires action from all segments of society. It is in everyone’s best interest to take action and put biodiversity on a path to recovery by 2030. Leadership and action can inspire others to safeguard, restore and invest in biodiversity.
Launched in November 2018 by the Governments of Egypt and China in collaboration with the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Sharm El-Sheikh to Kunming Action Agenda for Nature and People (Action Agenda) serves as a global mechanism to inspire, connect and mobilize actions for biodiversity and biosafety, in support of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework and the Implementation Plan for the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety. To date, the Action Agenda has mobilized 210 commitments for biodiversity from across the globe.
The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme, are pleased to offer a free webinar to highlight the Action Agenda as a mechanism for biosafety and invite stakeholders to contribute to the advancement of biodiversity and biosafety outcomes. Learn more about the Action Agenda.
The webinar will take place on 27 September at 10:30 am Eastern Daylight Time. Please use a time zone converter to see the time of the session in your time zone. The duration of the session is 90 minutes.
The webinar will aim to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of the Action Agenda
- Provide guidance on the process of making a commitment to the Action Agenda
- Showcase the role of non-state biosafety actors’ current or potential commitments
- Promote and inspire action towards issues of biosafety and the protection of biodiversity
- Kick-start online discussions on non-state actors’ engagement in the Action Agenda for Nature and People from 27 September to 10 October 2021