CCL is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status
Social Media Marketing - 60%
- Assist in acquisition and lead nurturing process through social media channels
- Research possible social media influencers and develop a strategy to reach out (Instagram, possibly TikTok)
- Compose posts for Facebook (10-15 posts/week), Instagram (5-8 posts/week), and LinkedIn (1-2 posts/week) according to CCL’s social media strategy.
- Help identify and prepare future content opportunities, including creating graphics using Canva
- Review CCL’s social media post analytics and recommend improvements so as to maximize reach, shares, & positive comments.
- Daily social media community management - respond to questions and comments as they come up
- Participate in CCL’s social media planning calls (45 minutes, Thursdays 3pm ET/12pm PT)
- Research & strategic planning for new platform opportunities ( LinkedIn, TikTok, etc)
- Help manage the Social Media Action Team Facebook Group (and on CCL Community), which is a group of 600+ volunteers who are willing to amplify our social media priorities
- Offer assistance and training on using social media for our volunteers
- Monthly brainstorm of potential video projects we can create based on volunteer successes, who’s talking about carbon pricing in the media, and special messages we want to share with volunteers or donors.
- Package up video content and instructions for our video editor.
- In some cases, short clipping and cataloging video will be required, including closed captioning, editing, adding music, etc, therefore some experience with video editing software is preferred.
- Work with volunteers to disseminate videos widely, including corresponding with Endorsers to share their video endorsements on social media
- Learn and practice CCL’s advocacy platform, approach, and methodologies, including but not limited to how to hold meetings with elected officials, write LTEs
- Attend meetings, outreach events, and presentations as directed (currently virtual, and in person when they resume after COVID)