The Climate and Environment Division (CBC) assists member countries in their responses towards the challenge of climate change, including the mitigation of climate change, as well as the development of adaptive capacities of agriculture, fisheries and forestry to the effects of climate change. It provides a coordination role on climate change and related climate smart agriculture issues. The Division also serves as the focal point for a multidisciplinary and global approach to bioenergy as well as undertaking work and providing support and guidance on tenure issues.
• Collects and analyses relevant technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology related information, data and/or statistics to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services;
• Undertakes analysis, provides technical input for plans and reports and edits/revises technical/scientific documents;
• Participates in the development of improved work methods, tools and systems;
• Updates databases and web pages;
• Participates in multidisciplinary project/work teams;
• Collaborates in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc.;
• Participates in the organization, conduct and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the development/production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners.