The Coastal Restoration Program Assistant will assist the Coastal Restoration Team with scientific field sampling surveys. These surveys include juvenile fish seines, fish traps, imaging and videos of benthic habitats, oyster monitoring, and cyanobacteria monitoring. This seasonal position will provide vital assistance to ensure all projects are completed in an efficient manner.
This is a 14-week position beginning on August 9th, 2021 and ending on November 12th, 2021. It is a full-time, temporary position (35 hours per week) with a compensation of $15/hour. The Coastal Restoration Program Assistant is supervised by the Coastal Restoration Scientist. Housing is not provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Responsible for assisting in all facets of the Marine Team survey program including beach seines, fish traps, benthic video and imaging, oyster monitoring, and water quality monitoring.
- Assist with data collection, data entry, and data management.
- Ability to work long hours in the field.
- Ability to perform work from a boat.
- May work in variable weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Requires considerable physical exertion and/or muscular strain.