The Facilities Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance and improvement of workplace services and processes in our Amsterdam office to support the core business of our organization. You’ll ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for our 175+ Netherlands-based employees and their activities. We are looking for a highly organized individual with a hands-on mentality who works very independently and enjoys working in a fast-paced global organization. As Facilities Manager you also play an important role in creating a great workplace experience and fostering staff engagement. This you do by making sure our on- and offboarding runs smoothly, but also by (co)organizing (virtual) events. Another important aspect of the role will be to make sure that the office is ‘fit for purpose’ when returning to the office post-COVID. The Facilities Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Human Resources (the Netherlands).
- -Manages Reception and Catering services, ensuring a high level of service and an excellent vegetarian healthy daily lunch;
- -Manages and oversees other essential central services such as security, maintenance, mobile phones, mail, archiving, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling;
- -Manages supplier’s contracts and is point of contact for our landlord and (for Amsterdam) for our Global Travel Management Company;
- -Manages the Amsterdam Office budget;
- -Manages the physical office space, furniture, and (re)design;
- -Supports and oversees working from home workspace setup;
- -Ensures the office meets Health & Safety (H&S) requirements and that the facilities comply with legislation (i.e. Arbo, BHV, RI&E);
- -Coordinates the Amsterdam Crisis Management Team (CMT) and the BHV Team (Emergency Response Team);
- -Organizes multiple (recurring) events and leads an events team;
- -Manages processes and formulates policies, guidelines and recommendations;
- -Identifies business needs; initiates and leads Facilities projects;
- -Responsible for the Facilities onboarding of new colleagues;
- -Contributes to the HR strategies and policies as related to Facilities and employee experience;
- -May contribute to Facilities and H&S related Global projects;
- -Ensures that office stock and inventories are maintained, and procurement of furniture and other resources is done in line with Global Procurement Policies with emphasis on choosing –Responsible Suppliers and Sustainable Options.