Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative and project support to the organization’s Global Employee Experience team, whose purpose is to develop, implement, enhance and measure the effectiveness of various HR programs, processes, and procedures designed to deliver the desired employee experience. The team is part of The Nature Conservancy’s Human Resources function, known as The People Team. The HR Coordinator reports to the Associate Director, Global Employee Experience but also provides support to the team’s HR Generalist.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, highly visible team, whose purpose is to positively impact the lives of every one of the organization’s 4,200 employees. The Human Resources Coordinator supports the Global Employee Experience team by completing a wide range of administrative tasks associated with their work/projects, such as creating/editing/managing files in PowerPoint, Word and Excel, creating and sending communications, and assisting with survey implementation and data analysis. The HR Coordinator will at times provide assistance to all levels of personnel on various HR-related issues, and may also be called upon to project manage, provide subject matter expertise to members of the HR team, and present on the team’s work to various groups across the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Responsible for providing administrative support to include scheduling meetings, managing meeting agendas and follow up, creation of documents and presentations, organizing workflow, and related HR-project support.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records; including data entry, responding to employee inquiries, and providing general administrative support.
- Provides reports and makes updates to various HR systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and handling highly sensitive employee data.
- May be responsible for a high-level talent management process or initiative.
- Responds to inquiries, specific to a function, which may be routine to fairly complex in nature.