The Market Development Manager Growth Sectors is responsible for supporting both the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Lead and the Processed Products Growth Lead on developing bespoke go-to-market strategies for their respective sectors. S/he is also responsible for extracting and analysing key market-specific insights that have a bearing on the development and implementation of the sector strategies and providing those to the Sector Leads.
S/he will be directly responsible for the management of a diverse portfolio of supply chain actor accounts across all Growth Sectors, comprising traders, processors, consumer product manufacturers and selected brands. This with a focus on educating market players on the full range of impact solutions Rainforest Alliance offers, on growing certified sales and diversifying the portfolio of market partners. S/he will also work with select key accounts on opportunities for sector-level and/or tailored solutions.
The Market Development Manager Growth Sectors will work closely with the region and country leads within the Key Markets and Retail Team in order to drive the development and realization of concrete market opportunities with national/regional brands and retailers. This among others through providing them with the necessary sector-specific analysis and resources (e.g. communication material, decks, sector-specific communication) needed to represent solutions Rainforest Alliance offers in growth sectors and to drive deeper market engagement and impact.
As necessary and in coordination with the Leads Growth Sectors, the program manager will engage with key multi-stakeholder platforms to strengthen the impact and visibility of the programs.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of supply chain actor accounts relevant for the success of the respective sectors and support accounts in implementing the Rainforest Alliance programs and services.
- Additionally, manage a small portfolio of high-value / high-impact accounts for selected sectors;
- Segment accounts per sector and build, where relevant, specific account strategies and plans (for relationships s/he owns) to maximize opportunity for growth, market diversification and impact;
- Regularly exchange, where relevant jointly with the Sector Leads, with corporate partner contacts to review progress against commitments, investigate opportunities for further collaboration and proactively address sector and supply chain risks;
- Work with Market Excellence to ensure information needs of market actors linked to the Rainforest Alliance certification program are highlighted and met;
- Work closely with account managers across Markets Transformation to support successful engagement with key brands and retailers both in current key and emerging consumer markets;
- Identify and developing necessary resources, analysis and systems for information sharing on the growth programs with account managers across Market Transformation, among them regional and country leads;
- Build an understanding of market dynamics, needs and opportunities per growth sector in order to inform the program strategies (sustainability trends, industry commitments, etc.) and keep the programs relevant and impactful.
- Work closely with the Sector Leads of Growth Sectors to support the refining of go-to-market strategies through identifying priority themes, key origins and market needs for key corporate partners;
- Where needed, support the Sector Leads on engaging with sector stakeholders and platforms on behalf of the markets team e.g. the Juice CSR Platform, IDH Juice Covenant or the IDH Sustainable Spice Initiative; and
- Other duties, as assigned.