The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day central office services, coordinating activities with multiple variables and managing timelines to meet deadlines. They will perform some Finance, Human Resource and Information Systems administrative tasks and will coordinate the facilities management for the Cold Spring Harbor/Uplands Farm Sanctuary complex. They will provide administrative and program coordination support for the LICP. The Office Manager makes decisions within the scope of work assignments, prioritizes work independently and collaborates with other staff to provide services in support of TNC’s projects and programs.
Office Manager duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Front desk reception- act as the face of the Cold Spring Harbor office, interacting frequently with staff, members, visitors, service providers and donors, and answer phones
- Office management- mailroom operations, purchase office supplies and equipment, negotiate with vendors and service providers, maintain office equipment, coordinate meeting space usage, provide meeting equipment set-up assistance, point person for office insurance issues, and records retention management
- Facility and office space responsibilities- schedule and oversee building maintenance/repairs; set-up/reconfigure office space; manage landlord/tenant relationship and point of contact for lease issues; maintain common areas in orderly, presentable condition
- Finance administrative tasks- cash receipting, petty cash management, preparing and processing expense reports and invoices, assisting with budget development and monitoring expenditures
- Accounts payable and operations coordinator for assigned conservation and functional teams
- Human Resource administrative tasks- time report coordinator and new employee office orientation/on-boarding and work area set-up.
- Information Systems (IS) administrative tasks- under the direction of the Information Systems Manager (TISOM), act as the Cold Spring Harbor office IS “Key User” to perform software, hardware and network trouble-shooting
- Administrative support for the LICP Manager including correspondence, calendar management, scheduling and meeting logistics
- Point of contact and liaison with partner organizations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines;
- Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently;
- Work as part of a team for assigned projects and to identify solutions and solve problems;
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information;
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, contractors or vendors;
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends on a limited basis; and
- Work environment may involve minor physical exertion and/or strain.