The Green Climate Fund (GCF) Programme on “Enhancing Climate Information and Knowledge Services for resilience in five island countries of the Pacific Ocean” will be hosted by UNEP’s sub-regional office for the Pacific. This post is located in the Enabling Innovation Unit of the Science Division in Apia, Samoa.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Enabling Innovation Unit and within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Supports the day-to-day implementation of the programme, monitor work progress and timelines, and ensure the delivery of outputs and outcomes according to the Funding Proposal and its Annexes as well as the provisions of the Project Cooperation Agreements (PCAs) with Executing Entities (EEs) and Regional Technical Partners and the Funded Activity Agreement (FAA) concluded between UNEP and the Green Climate Fund (GCF);
• Ensures proper programme planning, sequencing of activities, scheduling of procurement activities and tracking of actions to ensure timeliness of programme implementation by preparing monthly workplans and weekly tasks;
• Provides guidance over financial management for compliance with national policies and obligations under the Project Cooperation Agreements and Funded Activity Agreement , and ensure timeliness of cash advance requests to UNEP;
• Monitors budget changes and request budget revisions periodically (e.g. on an annual basis) ensuring that UNEP financial management guidelines are followed;
• Monitors performance of consultants, contractors, and service providers as required and ensure that outputs are in accordance with terms of references and of high quality;
• Monitors use of funds to ensure effective management of programme resources;
• Complies with national policies on anti-corruption, Anti-fraud and Corruption Framework of the UN and GCF Prohibited Practices;
• Provides technical support, including measures to address challenges to programme implementation and writing technical reports;
Monitoring and Technical and Institutional Support
• Monitors the delivery of activities where UNEP acts as Executing Entity and manage for results and outcomes;
• With the support of the Programme Management Unit, supports coordination and structured collaboration and communication with the national Executing Entities and Regional Technical Partners for the successful delivery of programme activities;
• Supports the work of the country-level focal points; • Ensures communication, and gathering of lessons learned across country-level Programme Steering Committees and focal points;
• Ensures participatory approaches are followed and that stakeholders and community members are informed and involved in the implementation of activities, as relevant;
• Engages with relevant regional, sub-regional and national mechanisms (such as the Pacific Meteorological Council and UN Country Teams) to ensure the visibility of the programme;
• Provides secretariat support to the National and Country-level Programme Steering Committees and provides up to date reporting, workplans, budgets, procurement plans, and issues for consideration and decisions;
• Supports the Programme Team in generating technical and financial reports, particularly in obtaining information from country-level programme focal points sitting in each country.
• Performs other related duties as required.