Coordinator IUCN Regional Protected Areas Programme (RPAP) for Central and West Africa, PACO
The RPAP specific duties are:
- Take a lead role in the development of the Regional Protected Areas Programme through providing vision and guidance in developing a well-defined strategic focus in the short, medium and long term, ensuring:
. effective and institutionally aligned programming and project implementation,
. systematic monitoring and evaluation of on-going programmatic activities and;
. coherent and consistent communication of lessons learnt to key decision-makers within the region.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support on Protected Areas to Project Offices and/or Country Offices and act as the focal point for protected areas related activities particularly with members, commissions, partners and other IUCN component programmes as required;
- Work closely with IUCN’s World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA) to develop an integrated protected areas programme in the region;
- Work closely with other IUCN Commissions, Country offices, Project Offices and other thematic programmes to develop and maintain an appropriate project portfolio and funding for implementation of the Regional Programme;
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated their ability to:
- Candidates should possess an advanced degree in natural science related to Protected Areas conservation or related fields and at least 10 years of relevant work experience
• Experience with project and programme development and management.
• Relevant working experience on issues related to Protected Areas conservation.
• Demonstrated fundraising, budgeting and programme planning ability.
• Demonstrated outstanding skills in network development and network administration and ability to achieve results through networking in cross-cultural situations.
• Lead and inspire multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
• Exposure to and knowledge of major Protected Areas issues, both policy and field related.
• proven writing ability.
• Demonstrated spoken and written fluency in French and English