The Social Media Specialist will manage and grow our social and emerging media campaigning and daily outreach. This person will be a member of the Digital Communications Team embedded in our Campaigns in Europe. The Social Media Specialist will ensure campaign messaging is effectively carried out on Oceana’s social media channels and will be responsible for the development, production, and distribution of social media content for Oceana’s campaigns, organizational communications, and fundraising.
Social Media and Communications Specialist in Copenhagen:
a) Create social media campaigns and other digital content:
- Lead day-to-day management of Oceana social media channels by drafting messages and creating content which meets our organization’s standards and best practices.
- Create content for social media, blog, e-news, and other channels as needed, including visuals, videos, and other media types.
- Increase online actions, sign-ups, donations, website traffic, and other engagement via Oceana’s social networks and tools.
- Run online advocacy campaigns across Europe, in collaboration with campaign leaders, and other social media actions for fundraising and general organizational communications.
b) Deliver general communications actions in Denmark:
- Update Oceana’s database of Danish media contacts, handle media enquiries, arrange interviews and act as local media contact.
- Co-organise or support briefings and events, in coordination with other communications staff; draft and/or send out press releases.
- Translate and adapt materials into Danish.
c) Monitor impact and support team communications:
- Coordinate daily with the rest of communications colleagues to ensure consistent and timely messaging, as well as fully leveraging of Oceana’s website, deliverables, and resources.
- Analyse data, evaluate impact, conduct social listening, and look for ways to improve results and meet our goals to increase the number of followers and engagement.
- Stay abreast of social media best practices and propose new insights-informed tactics for integration in digital and campaign communications plans.
- Provide inputs to the communications calendar, maintain a social media calendar and stay up to date regarding actions developed by communications colleagues.
- Manage media monitoring and contribute to the European consolidated media summary and monthly reports.
- Any other function within the scope that the Senior Director, Advocacy and/or the Digital Communications Manager may request.