The Agreements & Operations Specialist will be a key member of Nature United’s Finance & Operations team and will provide support across the organization to advance the mission and strategic priorities of Nature United. The primary function of this position will be to administer the grants and contracts (Agreements) process for the organization which includes: drafting, due diligence, obtaining approvals, database maintenance, facilitating execution, internal and external communication, electronic storage/filing, and associated invoice entry. The Agreements & Operations Specialist will work with their supervisor to ensure all Agreements for the organization are processed effectively and efficiently.
In addition, the Agreements & Operations Specialist will spend a portion of their time (10% – 20%) providing general operational support including: office management, event planning and logistics, management of monthly conservation reports, and other ad hoc administrative duties which may arise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
1. Agreements (80%)
- Responsible for drafting contracts, grants, and other agreements within assigned portfolio
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Nature United policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive information
- Maintain and update relevant databases and reporting tools
- Submit invoices for payment
- Coordinate monthly conservation reports
- Work independently on assigned tasks and exercise sound judgment based on analysis and experience, referring difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor, attorney and/or Finance staff.
- Act as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when required.
2. Office Management & Other Duties (20%)
The Agreement & Operations Specialist will coordinate the day-to-day general office management functions for the Nature United main office in Toronto. These tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Order/maintain office supplies
- Liaise with IT suppliers and maintain office equipment
- Coordination with property management regarding the Toronto office
- Coordinate and lead on COVID safety protocols administration
- Assist/lead with event planning and coordination
- Member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Act as the central resource for management of future remote Nature United offices
- Travel and work flexible hours as needed.