The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Director is a critical part of the leadership of Earthjustice’s DEI work. The Program Director will report to and work closely with the Vice President of DEI to implement meaningful and sustained organizational change. The Program Director has experience and proven success in leading the strategic development and implementation of DEI initiatives across complex organizations, as well as conflict resolution, research experience and practices in antiracism. The DEI Program Director will be a partner and a resource for teams and individuals across the organization in creating and implementing adaptive and relevant solutions through an equity lens, and embed DEI strategy.
The DEI Program Director may work remotely within the US, from our Washington, DC, from our Alaska Office, or from our San Francisco Office.
For DC, Alaska, or SF in-office applicants: Due to Covid-19, Earthjustice staff are currently working remotely from approved locations through January 18, 2022.
PROGRAM DIRECTION (60%)
- Partner with the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion and work closely with all of the members of the Senior Leadership Team in the development, implementation, and assessment of Earthjustice’s antiracist and DEI program goals and initiatives.
- Lead the development of antiracist initiatives and programs that drive DEI across the organization, in partnerships with key stakeholders and program leaders.
- Develop an annual diversity report with quantitative data about racial representation for hiring, attrition, and broadly, leadership roles.
- Create reports and spreadsheets to track departmental data, analyzing metrics and research to understand key opportunities.
- Develop strategic guidance on antiracist practices across Earthjustice
- Collaborate with critical internal partners to create and lead programming that will result in greater diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Serve as a thought partner for strategic work towards making people and management practices more equitable and inclusive.
- Advise and connect staff members and teams to relevant DEI and conflict resolution resources.
- Partnering with members of the senior leadership team, co-facilitate meetings focused on successfully achieving and implementing DEI organizational goals.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to implement DEI goals in areas including hiring, promotions, diversification of partners, donors & funders, internal culture, training and employee engagement & recognition.
- Partner with DEI team and other relevant stakeholders to iteratively create and ensure completion of DEI organizational objectives.
- Assess appropriate DEI pedagogy for the organization.
- Model Earthjustice’s core values of justice, partnership, excellence and inclusion.