Are you an exceptional relationship manager with strong strategic marketing and communications expertise? Are you proactive, innovative and results-oriented with proven ability to manage and inspire a team? The Director of Marketing and Communications will provide direction and leadership over a multidisciplinary marketing team serving the Illinois Chapter and the Midwest Division (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin). They will manage the creation and execution of marketing and communications plans ensuring they are in alignment the strategic priorities of the Illinois Chapter, Midwest Division and global organization.
They should be passionate about the environment and know industry best practices and trends across all marketing and communications platforms, as well as have the know-how to deploy the strategies successfully.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will develop and implement high-level, comprehensive and integrated communications plans to achieve the Illinois chapter and Midwest objectives more broadly. They initiate and implement key marketing initiatives and programs designed to achieve revenue goals, influence conservation action, steward existing supporters, and build awareness and engagement among a younger, diverse audience. They align staff efforts to match priorities.
The Director works closely with chapter executives, board of trustees, philanthropy colleagues, conservation staff, and government relations teams to ensure the delivery of programs. They partner with their colleagues across the global marketing and communications division and engage external vendors as needed to achieve outcomes. They manage the budget and operational delivery of the programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Serves on the Illinois chapter leadership team and acts as a thought partner to the Illinois staff team, the Illinois chapter board of trustees and the Midwest Division executive leadership team.
- Designs, manages and implements multiple projects by coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside the organization while implementing multiple projects/responsibilities on their own.
- Manages two or more professional staff and is accountable for the achievement of team business and professional development goals and objectives.
- Leads creation/administration of budget, evaluates results and develops corrective strategies as needed.
- Leads communication and media initiatives through collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Carries responsibility and accountability for meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Ability to act independently within a specific program or project goals.