This role is responsible for leading and managing the entire employee lifecycle, and the development of new people-related systems, policies, processes and metrics that support the achievement of 350’s Theory of Change, organizational goals and strategic objectives and in line with 350’s management philosophy.
The Director of People and Culture is responsible for establishing best practices for the organization, administering compensation and benefits, performance management, HR compliance and advising managers and staff on talent acquisition and management around the world.
The Director of People is also responsible for leading and managing the People and Culture Team and its budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership to all staff, fostering a collaborative work environment and overseeing all employee relations.
- Develop long-term and short-term human resources and organizational development strategies and programs that are aligned with the overall organizational goals and strategic objectives of 350.org.
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership, line managers, People and Culture team, and other stakeholders to build a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, collaboration, kindness and excellence.
- In collaboration with 350.org leadership, facilitate high level organizational discussions, including discussions on organizational structure/design, culture and leadership/management development.
- In collaboration with line managers and members of the People and Culture Team, supervise the resolution of employee relations and organizational development issues across the organization.
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance with international labor laws, conducting HR audits as necessary; and resolve complex employee relations issues in a balanced, fair and objective manner, using appropriate counseling, investigative, invention and mediation techniques.
- In collaboration with labor relations counsel and other senior leadership, oversee 350.org’s labor relations and provide leadership and direction during collective bargaining.
- Oversee the development of tools and guidelines to support and implement policies and procedures, domestic and international employment agreements, development of HRIS, specific country office employee manuals, benefit summaries and compensation guidelines.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of HR metrics and people data to inform key decisions.
- Lead the development and execution of employee engagement and retention strategies, plans, and initiatives including the design and implementation of a training, mentoring and professional development and succession plans, ensuring that these strategies and processes are centered on DEI.
- Lead and oversee the development and fair administration of total rewards strategy and structure.
- Coach managers and staff, when necessary.
- Develop and monitor annual team budget, goals and objectives and work plan.
- Inspire, lead and manage a team of HR and OD professionals.
- Other HR related tasks and initiatives as assigned from time to time by the line manager or the leadership team.