The Finance Specialist provides specialized services in financial management, planning and reporting; grants administration, management and reporting for the Brasil business unit. They have a high level of expertise in their area(s) of specialization. The position administers and maintains finance activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial management. The Finance Specialist provides assistance to staff in their specialty area. They respond to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts, help monitoring and maintaining all financial information, (including the accounts payable system, staff, funds received and receivables), require and/or process financial adjustment, transfers and reclassifications.
- Prepare and monitor monthly Business Unit financial reports
- Process donors awards System requirements and attending related ad-hoc requests from Project Managers, Donors and/or multiple BU managed awards.
- Provide recommendations and analysis related to Brazil projects finances for project managers, grants and accounts payable team.
- Experience in database management or producing reports, or in the use of automated systems.
- May require technical expertise on complex financial issues.
- Accuracy, highly strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Experience working with intermediate principles in accounting (GAAP) or in analyzing financial figures
- Proven organizational and strong analytical skills.