The HR Manager is responsible for reviewing, maintaining, and administering HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to organizational HR processes, compliance with statutory regulations and internal policies of TNC. They anticipate and respond to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on HR experience, escalating when needed to the HR Business Partner. Duties are highly confidential and require broad and comprehensive knowledge of TNC’s global policies and their contextualization for the teams supported. The HR Manager reports to the California Chapter and supervises a small Talent team supporting the California, Hawai‘i, Pacific Division. The Manager will have dotted line reporting to the HR Business Partner for the Division with a goal of developing a united HR team for the Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Support the recruitment process for highly skilled staff in a timely manner, including consultation on job descriptions, grades and compensation with a focus on increasing diversity and a culture of inclusion.
- Work with hiring managers to develop and conduct new employee orientations and ensure staff are effectively onboarded.
- Support managers and staff with performance management matters.
- Ensure that all types of terminations are managed effectively and as per requirements.
- Drive the annual performance management process, ensuring that all staff are trained and aware of responsibilities and due dates;
- Collaborate with Senior Managers to assess workforce planning needs and build program team capacity.
- Communicate personnel-related policies, procedures and programs; ensure the integrity of all personnel-related transactions with accuracy and within deadlines.
- Keep current with relevant employment laws and assist managers and staff with compliance.
- Ensure that all recruitment and personnel files are complete and are in compliance with legal requirements and internal policies of TNC.
- Work with Worldwide office on immigration matters.
- Ensure proper management of the personnel paperwork processes as needed for all routine hires, position changes and terminations; Work closely with supervisors and operations coordinators to facilitate the completion of all staff administrative paperwork.
- Support Managers in talent management and workforce planning for their respective teams.
- Help foster an engaging and productive team culture, including supporting planning team building events and activities, as well as leading team retreats.
- May require some amount of travel domestically and/or internationally and evening and weekend hours.