The Lead, Creative Design & Editorial contributes to the overall Marketing & Communictaions strategy by building, leading, and reviewing work of the creative & editorial team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing & communications collateral across all stakeholder groups. The creative team includes copywriters/editors, designers, and video producers. They ensure that all written, video, and digital external creative communications are aligned and mutually reinforcing by drawing on experience in storytelling across textual, visual, video, and digital media.
The Lead, Creative Design & Editorial spearheads and manages content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology. Crucial to success is the collaboration with the Brand Marketing and Corporate Affairs teams in developing marketing and communications plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
Apart from close affinity with the Rainforest Alliance’s mission and understanding of our impacts on the ground, the Lead, Creative Design & Editorial also has a solid practical understanding of how to maximize the impact of creative assets in digital channels, which are our primary means of communication.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate.
- -Manage the creative process from concept to completion;
- -Co-develop a narrative strategy and create a storytelling architecture to inform and guide all public-facing content production;
- -Translate Marketing & Communication objectives into clear creative strategies;
- -Work in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager Business Engagement, Consumer Engagement Manager and Social Media Manager to conceptualize creative ideas for engagement campaigns (B2B and B2C);
- -Lead and direct the creative and editorial teams in the production of all marketing & communications collateral;
- -Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, mentoring and evaluating, guiding processional development opportunities, and address employee relations issue;
- -Manage a clear internal briefing process in order to streamline production and allocate resources efficiently;
- -Ensure that content is optimized for digital channels, including SEO and target audiences;
- -Work with cross-functional teams to ensure digital KPIs are set and met (including CTR, Social Media Engagement metrics, etc) and use digital measurements to optimize the development and delivery of content;
- -Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, particularly our regional teams;
- -Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met by guiding and enforcing the creative philosophy and the standard of creative output (in particular content creation) across the organization and department;
- -Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets;
- -Meet with external stakeholders or senior management to explain campaign strategies and solutions;
- -Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams; and
- -Managing output and deliverables to meet timelines, and prioritize different, at times conflicting, needs.