To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a pro-active, collaborative, and innovative problem solver to support the office of the Country Director. The Technical Project Lead (TPL) will support the strategic planning and projects leadership, implementation of RA´s activities by overseeing the technical local team to ensure excellence in all aspects of our mission delivery (technical, financial, compliance; and safeguards RA’s reputation and the quality of implementation of our certification programs. S/he will give the Country Director assistance on guide and lead a high-performing team, creating a culture that is aligned with RA’s values and maintaining deep collaboration bonds with colleagues in other countries and some functional areas such as Institutional Relations.
Leadership and Management:
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Support a high-performing, results-oriented and mission-driven team in the implementation of donor funded projects and activities;
- Delegate authority to project managers, ensuring that they are supported and connected to the broader organization, and ensure the compliance of planned objectives are met in line with organizational and donors policy and budgets;
- Coordinate an effective and impactful implementation of RA’s mission, regardless of funding source, by fostering a culture of implementation excellence and ensuring that RA attains its technical, financial, and contractual commitments;
- Ensure within the Country Director the timely and high-quality completion of organizational, government and donor annual workplans, budgets, reports and audits;
- Supervise compliance with RA and donor policies and procedures; and
- Proactively identify and manage risk, escalating key issues to Country Director where appropriate.
Advocacy and External Engagement:
- Support Country Director in maintain functional partnerships with Rainforest Alliance companies, clients, partners, platforms, NGOs, governments, certification bodies and other stakeholders;
- Contribute to sector transformation and advocacy for sustainable landscape management in priority sectors relevant to Mexico by supporting RA certification programs, advancing a positive enabling environment, and engaging key stakeholders;
- Support the promotion of use and consumption of Rainforest Alliance Certified products, and other endorsed certifications (i.e. RSPO; FSC), in collaboration with Mexico communications team; and
- Occasionally represent RA at key events, presentations, policy forums and roundtables.
- Technical, Fundraising and business development:
- Assure the correct execution of project agreements assigned;
- Participate with contributions on the design, writing and budgeting of proposals to secure long-term funding;
- Support Country Director in donor relationship management by the correct execution on the assigned projects in order to find opportunities and cultivate long-term relationships with senior leads and decision makers from governments, companies, aid agencies and CFR donors;
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position will oversee a team of 6 direct reports with their corresponding teams;
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; and
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning; assigning; and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.