The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a fast-paced, innovative non-profit seeking an organized, motivated individual to join our DC office. Our mission is to use the power of information to protect human health and the environment.
The Administrative Assistant, Government Affairs position is a full-time position based in EWG’s Washington, DC office that interacts with the general public, press, legislators, and staff members on a regular basis.
- Provide executive assistance to Vice President of Government Affairs and other Government Affair team members. This includes keeping calendars, completing timesheets, submitting expense reports, and maintaining correspondence files.
- Coordinate logistics for conference calls and meetings, including meals and setting up and Zoom meetings.
- Schedule meetings with Capitol Hill staff for the Government Affairs team. Plan and implement Hill events, such as lobby days.
- Monitor Hill activities and provide summaries of hearings and speeches.
- Arrange travel, serve as proofreader, and provide general administrative assistance such as copying, faxing, scanning, data entry, distributing mail, and maintaining files for multiple staff members.
- Handle outgoing EWG mailings and assist with publication production and distribution.
- Assist the Government Affairs team as needed. This sometimes requires event planning such as planning logistics or arranging EWG staff to speak at events.