Founded in 1892, we are the nation’s largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization — with 3.8 million members and supporters. We’ve protected millions of acres of wilderness, helped pass the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Endangered Species Act, and more recently, we’ve led the charge to move away from fossil fuels toward a clean energy economy. You can be part of this impactful work.
Scope: The Advancement Assistant performs a broad range of administrative functions that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Sierra Club’s major gifts team serving donors in the eastern region. This critical support role includes researching potential donors; assisting with event logistics for major donors; maintaining comprehensive records of major donor activity and prospect contacts utilizing the donor and revenue tracking system in Salesforce; and managing special projects that streamline, strengthen, and improve major gifts systems and functions. They also serve as a team member of the Advancement Operations team supporting overall efforts to streamline operational support for all Advancement fundraising efforts.
- Performs initial selection and preliminary research on major donor prospects. Performs further research on select prospects as requested. Analyzes internal and external data and research to support donor identification. Creates and maintains systems to track and evaluate the qualification process.
- Drafts letters, memos and other written materials for major gift cultivation and solicitation, donor programs and gift planning solicitation. Produces, distributes and files memos, and generates correspondence and reports for regional donors and prospects.
- Assists fundraising team in the stewardship and cultivation of prospects by planning donor events. Activities include developing invitation lists; handling RSVPs; crafting and producing printed materials; working with outside vendors, caterers and suppliers; securing hotel accommodations and speakers for meetings; monitoring all event deadlines.
- Works across various Advancement teams to organize department-wide projects and coordinate regional efforts around organizational requests and tasks.
- Develops overall plans and timelines to ensure completion of special quarterly and annual projects, including, but not limited to, revenue forecasting, end of year donor cultivation, annual strategic planning, and portfolio reviews.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed.