The Agassiz Beach Ridges Conservation Technician (ABR Tech) performs and participates in preserve operations including the maintenance, management, development, and coordination of conservation programs. The ABR Tech leads work teams to ensure the coordination, community support and implementation of preserve management plans. The management activities will include assisting with prescribed burning, clearing, and mowing firebreaks with tractors and ATV/UTV, repairing, and organizing burn equipment, tree and brush cutting, exotic species removal, fence construction/removal, parking area maintenance, and other land management tasks as needed. They may also maintain vehicles and mileage log sheets, meet with local landowners, identify management needs for preserves, assist with field trips, work with volunteers and contractors. Additional functions may include contract planning and project oversight working with a wide array of private contractors. The ABR Tech may work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances. This is a full-time, term position with funding secured for up to three years from the start date, which is anticipated for October, 2022.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Want to help save the planet? Through the efforts of The Nature Conservancy, over 168,000 acres in MN have been preserved for people and nature. From the Great Lakes to the prairies, the MN/ND/SD Chapter is dedicated to conserving the natural resources that make these states unique. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated, capable individual interested in joining the world’s leading conservation organization!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BA/BS/AS/Technical or vocational degree in science-related field and 1 year related experience in custodial and ecological land management or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with natural systems.
- Experience in ecological land management principles.
- Experience operating and or repairing various types of equipment and machinery.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Please indicate this in your resume.