- Perform complex analyses of datasets on emissions from oil and gas facilities, such as the annual EPA greenhouse gas inventory, company reported emissions under EPA’s greenhouse gas reporting rule, and other state or national-level inventories across North America.
- Maintain, expand, and update EDF’s models and databases used to evaluate the climate influence of natural gas leakage and mitigation scenarios.
- Analyze regulatory proposals and perform comparative analysis of existing regulations from various jurisdictions.
- Develop analytics in support of regulatory advocacy, including recommended control strategies, emission reduction efficacy and cost benefit analyses.
- Research methane abatement technologies, their costs and optimal uses.
- Perform literature reviews and research, analyzing and synthesizing information on a variety of topics to inform and support EDF’s oil and gas advocacy efforts at the state and federal level.
- Compile and keep current with scientific and gray literature on methane and other air emissions from natural gas systems; synthesize and disseminate that information for EDF scientists, economists, attorneys, and policy specialists.
- Actively develop reports, factsheets, and blog posts for general audiences on the topics of focus.
- Represent EDF in meetings with regulators, industry representatives, NGO partners and other stakeholders.
- Support other “rapid response” and/or project development efforts on an as-needed basis.
- Apply excellent organization, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities among staff members.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
Analyst, Research & Analytics
Type of offer:
External website link: