The Analyst will help the Safe & Healthy Products team speed transformation to a safer marketplace, with a focus on safer food and personal care products. Reporting to the Director, EDF+Business of Safe & Healthy Products, the Analyst will play an integral role in the team’s mission to make everyday products safer and more sustainable via scientific and market research and analysis; relationship cultivation with key companies; and promotion of best practices.
This position will be located in the EDF+Business division in the EDF Washington D.C. office. Initially, due to Covid-19, the position will operate remotely until EDF deems it is safe to return to working in-person.
This position is a one-year fixed term contract position. Upon conclusion of the term, the term may be renewed based on funding and programmatic need.
- Conduct research and data analysis to support the engagement of retailers, product manufacturers, and packaging vendors on safer food packaging and clean circular economy strategies.
- Analyze toxic chemical reductions in consumer product supply chains and the efficacy of corporate sustainability strategies.
- Craft recommendations for key corporate partners to identify hotspot product categories and drive and measure product improvements.
- Support the vetting of verification systems for companies seeking to verify the absence of toxic chemicals in products and packaging.
- Participate in multi-stakeholder collaborations to craft and disseminate best practices for safer supply chains.
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders via presentations, blogs, reports, and other formats including Supply Chain Solutions Center, our primary corporate engagement website.
- Must advance EDF DEIJ goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental challenges we face. This includes fostering equitable systems and empowering diverse constituencies both internally and externally.