The US Climate program seeks a highly motivated, analytically rigorous analyst to join EDF’s subnational policy team. The Analyst will be a key member of the team, conducting research and analysis in a breadth of environmental topics and supporting state-level climate advocacy. The Analyst will report to the Senior Manager for US Climate. They will work with other analysts, natural scientists, and policy specialists across the Climate program and throughout EDF as well as within academia and other partner organizations.
EDF is currently working remotely due to the pandemic and anticipates returning to its offices only when it is safe to do so. Candidates could eventually work out of one of EDF’s U.S. offices, or remotely, depending on circumstances.
- Contribute to development of a comprehensive strategy for state-level policy design and advocacy and take ownership of portions of that strategy. This may include, but is not limited to, coordinating with external stakeholders, meeting with policy makers, supporting communication campaigns, representing EDF at public meetings, tracking legislation and regulatory proceedings, etc.
- Assist with timely in-house research and analyses for stakeholders across the organization, including analysis of proposed regulations and legislation for emissions, economic, and equity implications
- Help write whitepapers summarizing research for a broader audience, along with public communications including formal comments, presentations, Op-Ed pieces, and blog posts
- Research and develop recommendations on policy design related to emission targets, emission limits, market-based programs, air quality standards, cumulative impacts, etc.
- Prepare information to respond to inquiries from a variety of stakeholders
- Work with internet communications staff to maintain up-to-date information on websites
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values