The Assistant Scientist will sit within the Resilience Team of the Moore Center for Science (MCS) at Conservation International and will be jointly supervised by principal investigators at CI and the University of California Santa Barbara. This position will also engage in targeted stakeholder engagement to distribute results to national-level planners and decision-makers. This will entail a combination of sustained webinar-style virtual engagement and technical workshops. Finally, this position will lead the development of outreach/engagement materials including web-based applications, infographics, and interactive data discovery platforms.
- -Research and technical analysis related to spatial planning for biodiversity food and fuel under scenarios of climate/land-use change.
- -Web application/data discovery platform development.
- -Stakeholder engagement (technical workshops and other outreach).
- -Project management and administration.
- -Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- -This position is based in Santa Barbara, CA.
- -Work is performed in a typical office environment with accommodations for remote work following organizational or local protocols for office use.
- -Flexibility to travel up to 25% of the time as applicable.