- Edit materials written by other members of the Development Communications team to ensure consistency, accuracy, clarity and adherence to EDF’s strategic framework.
- In partnership with the Director of Development Communications, work with senior leadership across the organization’s programs to develop donor-centric, strategic documents that clearly articulate enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Write executive-level donor communications, including from the Office of the President and CEO, such as emails, concept notes, statements and talking points.
- Identify needs for donor materials, including assessing and resolving gaps and other issues in program content, framing and donor positioning.
- Communicate major fundraising initiatives and communications strategies to colleagues and mentor development communications colleagues on deliverables for individual donors.
- Manage document and process flow, at times involving multiple programs and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met with high-quality products.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and extensively with development and program staff in carrying out tasks and responsibilities, including with geographically-dispersed colleagues.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Supervise and mentor at least one communications specialist.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Associate Director and Sr. Editor, Development Comms
Type of offer:
External website link: