We are looking for someone who is passionate about the role of the private sector in driving positive change for nature and people, and able to use communications to engage and inspire internal and external supporters. Are you an experienced communications professional that can convey the urgency for change and the importance of conservation work?
The Director of Communications, Corporate Sustainability informs and implements communications strategies in support of the Corporate Engagement team and the Center for Sustainability Science. These teams contribute to TNC’s 2030 conservation goals by engaging with the private sector to integrate nature into business models and to create science-based solutions to environmental challenges. The Director of Communications works directly with external partners, and collaborates with TNC executives, scientists and project leaders from other parts of the organization.
- The Director of Communications’ primary focus is to position TNC as an influential thought-leader among key constituencies, including corporate partners, select industry sectors, investors, and corporate governance communities. Successful execution of the job duties will result in
- Stronger TNC relationships and influence with key corporations and sectors
- A cohesive narrative that resonates and creates engagement with CEOs, CFOs, CSOs and Risk Managers, and which highlights TNC’s science-based work with the private sector
- A meaningful differentiation between TNC and peer NGOs, while also creating, in strategic cases, a shared voice
- Well-coordinated execution of communications activities, in partnership with TNC’s cause marketing team, regional business units, and global strategies
- Enhanced TNC brand and reputation
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Leads the development, implementation and expansion of TNC’s global corporate sustainability narrative and communications strategy/plan.
- Serves as primary point of contact with corporate engagement partner communications teams; manages opportunities to communicate achievement of outcomes and key milestones; provides input and guidance for communications about collaborations and related issues
- Develops, directs and implements multiple projects, coordinating the work of other teams and staff
- Develops excellent written materials, including speeches, articles, presentations, and collaterals
- Identifies opportunities for TNC to participate in C-suite level events, e.g. Bloomberg, Economist, WEF, Forbes, CAGNY, as well as investor, e.g.PRI In Person, events.
- Work closely with the Global Media Relations team to identify journalists to cultivate and opportunities to pitch stories on tangible solutions and signs of progress in TNC’s work with corporations
- Work closely with Global Communications colleagues to identify synergies and opportunities for collaboration
- Work closely with Corporate Marketing team to develop ambitious, coherent plans for corporate partners at global events, such as UN COPs, that support broader policy and communications goals.
- Operates well in a team, efficiently and effectively across a matrixed organization and exhibits excellent judgement in managing projects, decisions and people.
- Ability to work quickly and on nights and weekends as needed, as issues arise