The position is a key member of the Regions and Support units (Finance & Administration and IT) teams which includes Global Internal Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting and supports the Director-South Asia. The postholder will manage the day-to-day business administration and human resources support for our office in India and/or any associated satellite offices located within the country, in line with global guidelines and procedures.
In close collaboration with Accounting Manager and Finance Manager:
- -Support in the annual budgeting process;
- -Support the review, approval and payment process of invoices and expenses;
- -Ensure cashflows to enable all planned activities;
- -Review the monthly transactions posted in the main financial system, and propose any reclasses where necessary;
- -Ensure payment, filing and compliance of all statutory requirements;
- -Ensure hardcopy and digital archiving of all accounting and financial documents compliant with national and organizational rules;
- -Ensure proper tracking and justification of advances to staff;
- -Monitor all the bank transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- -Organize and support country statutory annual audits in line with national and organizational requirements;
- -Support monitoring of the projects’ financial performance.
In close collaboration with HR Business Partner:
- -Manage payroll, payroll changes, employee benefits and statutory deductions;
- -Assist in recruitment, onboarding, offboarding and disciplinary and grievance processes;
- -Prepare staff contracts and manage timely contract renewals;
- -Ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures and compliance with national law;
- -Ensure compliance with organizational HR procedures and national law;
- -Manage secondary staff benefits (insurance and others);
- -Support management and HR BP in HR related activities;
- -Manage and monitor staff leave;
- -Manages staff files;
- -Keeps overview of leave entitlements, requests and balances.
In close collaboration with Global Compliance Manager:
- -Support compliance of RA policies and procedures in country;
- -Review/prepare contracts and ensure their archiving in the salesforce platform;
- -Ensure branch/subsidiaries meet all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all RA and donor requirements.
Office management and IT support
In close collaboration with Director – South Asia:
- -Manage office facilities (rent, equipment, internet, phone, security, maintenance);
- -Act as IT contact person and support solving IT issues.
Logistics and other
- Provide organizational and logistical support for workshops, events, meetings and trips;
- Support the drafting of country manual, internal regulations and other country specific rules and regulations;
- Support translations of documents as needed.