Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Associate Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations (AVP) is a member of the Philanthropy Department leadership team, and is responsible for leading a team of Institutional Giving Officers to secure philanthropic support from corporate and foundation funders. The ideal candidate will understand the needs, motivations, and priorities of corporate and foundation funders and develop fundraising and engagement strategies that align with The Trust for Public Land’s (TPL) mission-driven priorities.
The successful candidate will bring a fresh perspective to partnering with leading foundations and will be knowledgeable about the latest trends influencing corporate and foundation philanthropy. The AVP will assess TPL’s current corporate, private, community, and family foundation relationships, building on what currently exists and creating new avenues to maximize institutional giving. This position will serve as the leader in Corporate and Foundation Relations and will be expected to advise all staff on ways to grow institutional philanthropy to TPL.
- Establish annual performance and financial goals for Corporate and Foundation Relations in conjunction with the Senior Philanthropy Team and consistent with TPL’s strategic growth rate; expand TPL’s network of corporate and foundation funders on a local, state and national level.
- Supervise the Director of Corporate Relations, Director of Foundation Relations, and provide management oversight to our team of Institutional Giving Officers. Serve as a member of the Senior Philanthropy Team and Philanthropy Management Team.
- Identify potential foundation and corporate funders for solicitations; determines appropriate targets and outlines plans for implementation.
- Collaborate with Marketing on corporate strategies, especially for brand alignment and other partnership opportunities.
- Strategize with Relationship Managers, State Directors, Program and Executive leadership to identify potential grant opportunities, based on articulated TPL priorities, and communicate these to appropriate TPL leadership.
- Actively solicit and manage a portfolio of prospects, including developing and implementing internal strategies and external meetings, and collaborating with Field and Program leadership.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations in the writing and editing of grant proposals, briefing documents, presentation materials, supporting materials, and other correspondence, as appropriate. Develop and execute cultivation and stewardship plans for current and prospective funders.
- Work with the Finance Department to submit financial budgets for foundation grants and other funding proposals (e.g., cause marketing campaigns, community benefit programs, multi-year program sponsorships, and partnerships).
- Collaborate with the Associate Vice President of Philanthropy Operations to ensure timely grant reports and associated deliverables for funders.