EDF is hiring a full-time AVP of Social Media to expand our brand presence and engage our audience across social media platforms. Reporting to our VP, Content and Brand, this role will strategically combine art and science to ensure EDF’s key messages are resonant on all appropriate channels. You will be responsible for developing social media content that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and fosters a pipeline of new donors and advocates. You will manage a small team of social media producers and will collaborate closely with EDF’s Programs, Communications, Development, Membership, Editorial, Design, Web, Performance Marketing and Content Teams. Additionally, you will collaborate with EDF Action, Defend our Future and Mom’s Clean Air Force as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conceive and implement the overall social media strategy for official brand channels. (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) for all content initiatives.
- Lead and mentor a team of social media strategists, effectively managing workflow across the team.
- Understand all the component parts of the business globally – Programs, Communications, Membership, Development, Performance Marketing and Content Teams and drive value through social strategy/tactics.
- Lead internal pitch meetings to optimize timely news and culture content, setting the posting schedule across multiple social media channels.
- Develop an influencer program, and work with the Cause Marketing team to amplify the EDF brand through partner channels.
- Develop scopes of work and manage project details/deadlines in a fast-paced environment that adheres to the milestones in the editorial calendar but can pivot quickly based on breaking news.
- Manage a team of Social Media Producers, creating clear accountabilities, processes and operations for the team.
- Edit and approve all social media posts, ensuring alignment with voice, brand and content tentpoles.
- Establish the appropriate hierarchy for EDF’s news presence on Twitter and develop social listening capabilities to help EDF understand when to start or join conversations relevant to our sphere of influence.
- Administration of all third-party and internal social media tools and content management systems for social
- Stay on top of the latest social media trends, innovations and opportunities.
- Interface with paid advertising managers to deliver holistic social media strategies.
- Work in tandem with the creative team to build unique, social-first brand content.
- Use data analytics to optimize all social media campaigns, using levers such as customer targeting, lead generation, acquisition, content and format