Under the direction of the Lead Attorney, Energy Markets & Utility Regulation, the Attorney, Energy Markets and Utility Regulation will be responsible for providing legal and policy research, writing, analysis, and effective communication in order to develop, advocate for, implement and defend the priorities of EDF before the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC) and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT).
This is a 1-year term position.
- Preparing and filing of a range of litigation and regulatory documents including analyses, comments, complaints, briefs and motions that must conform to relevant rules of court and administrative practice.
- Identifying state-level opportunities to advance EDF’s advocacy though formal proceedings and in informal stakeholder settings.
- Researching and preparing policy analysis and formal and informal written materials for internal and external audiences on major legal, legislative, and regulatory issues.
- Developing reports, whitepapers and other materials to influence decision-makers and engage in public education and outreach.
- Analyzing complex information and stakeholder perspectives to determine or recommend resources and strategies that advance EDF’s objectives.
- Building and participating in coalitions and collaborations with diverse partners, including environmental justice organizations.
- Identifying and engaging key allies in policy development and advocacy.
- Incorporating the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into EDF’s advocacy.
- Professionally representing EDF at various important internal and external events and in the media.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.