This position does not manage staff. They will work under general direction in close collaboration with all of CI’s country programs, other teams within the Center for Natural Climate Solutions, the Center for Oceans, Moore Center for Science, Conservation Finance Division, Center for Communities and Conservation, and others across CI as well as external partners to ensure successful completion and maximum integration of blue carbon projects at CI.
- -Develop program strategies, objectives, work plans, and metrics.
- -Monitor, measure and provide periodic progress and metric reports.
- -Ensure compliance with CI policies, funding agreements, and local requirements.
- -Identify capacity building needs and support efforts to address capacity gaps.
- -Promote information sharing. Build stakeholder understanding and support by developing fact sheets, statistics, and related communication materials. Hold conferences and other events to share best practices and lessons learned.
- -Effectively engage stakeholders including donors, government and NGOs, technical colleagues, and other partners important to program success.
- -Represent the organization externally and serve as a trusted point of contact for CI.
- -Identify opportunities for program growth and development.
- -Support program financial sustainability by identifying funding opportunities. Partner with CI and HQ staff on funding proposals and contribute to regional/global fundraising efforts.
- -Perform related duties as assigned.