The Programme Managers would supervise the Blue Oceans Programme (BOP) Intern and work closely with program staff. Their primary responsibility will be supporting CI staff’s day-to-day communication operational work. They will assist in other program implementation work, including program assistance functions, such as documenting success stories, developing communication plans, and monitoring the plan’s implementation.
- Support with the site maintenance-related CI Liberia social media platforms.
- Assist in developing and reviewing project Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials, including policy briefs, newsletters, etc.
- Assist in maintaining or connecting CI to media practitioners and institutions.
- Comply fully with Conservation International communication and safety policies and procedures, core values, and code of conduct.
- Identify communication gaps and assist accordingly.
- Assist in the drafting of CI Liberia Communication strategies.
- Assist in drafting letters or official communications to government line ministries, partners, and key stakeholders.
- Documenting of project success/ changed stories, & lessons learned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience in basic Microsoft or computer skills
- Willingness to travel outside of Montserrado or hard-to-reach terrains/ communities.
- Flexible to work at most eight hours daily per week.
- This internship is expected to begin on November 1, 2023, till April 30, 2024.
- Working towards the completion of a bachelor’s degree or a recent graduate (not exceeding 3 months post-graduation) in the following fields of study mass communication, international relations, political science, social science, or any other related studies.
- Must be a recent graduate not to exceed 3 months post-graduation.
- Proficiency in MS Office and web researching skills.
- Have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, prioritize, manage, and complete tasks before deadlines.
- Ability to mainstream DEI and safeguards in day-to-day work.
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: October 13, 2023 (11:49 PM EST)