The BI Developer will work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams to design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions to provide accessible information for decision-making.
As part of the larger Data, Insights and Engineering teams at Greenpeace International you’ll help modernize and revolutionize how data is used to create meaningful change in the world.
Our data teams aim to provide a holistic approach to data work in support of our regional offices; through building as well as supporting data tools & platforms, standards & Governance, convening trainings & communities for specialists, as well as consulting and advising.
*This is a 2 year project position with funding secured for this period, the role is initially offered on a 12 month contract basis with possibility of extension to at least 2 years (subject to local labour law).
For further information about this role, please see the full job description HERE.
What we’re looking for:
Remember no one has every skill or experience needed for this role and you’ll have the opportunity to learn a lot from the team. We believe someone who has a few of these is well suited to excel:
- Work experience as a business intelligence developer,
- Specialized experience on a specific area of the data value chain (warehouse design, data operations, engineering, analytics, data science)
- Proficient in SQL, Python and/or experience building in cloud data systems (Google Cloud platform preferred)
- Understanding of Tableau or equivalent reporting tool
- Effective communicator with ability to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience as a technical business analyst
- Good understanding of fundraising & Marketing/Engagement programmes and relevant metrics
- Strong data visualisation skills & design skills
- Support for and belief in the core aims and values of Greenpeace.