The Trust for Public Land is a leader in park equity, access, climate conservation and public financing for parks and open space, with a focused land for people mission. We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent networks and experience to lend their policy, government relations and political skills to help advance our land for people mission in California.
One out of every three Californians do not live within a 10-minute walk to a quality park or open space and for disadvantaged communities the park equity gap is greater. If you have a passion and desire to increase park access and equity, advance natural climate solutions and help increase public funding for parks and open space then you should consider joining The Trust for Public Land (TPL).
We are seeking a Director of Government Affairs to serve as the organization’s primary interface with local and state elected officials and regulatory agencies in California.
What You’ll Do
- Work with subject matter experts on staff to shape our California public policy, government and media relations strategy in consultation with our senior leadership team, then thoughtfully and effectively execute it.
- Cultivate and maintain robust relationships with elected and appointed officials.
- Educate state and local policy makers on the organization’s work and priorities.
- Collaborate with other nonprofit advocates to facilitate coordinated policy efforts and enhance the value we provide to communities.
- Leverage the staff relationships on the ground in a coordinated fashion.