The Project Associate provides strategic support and coordination to protect critical at-risk lands, support partner relationships, and advance The Trust for Public Land’s “Land for People” mission in California.
- Assists land protection staff in all phases of land acquisition projects and programmatic initiatives, including conservation project research, outreach to landowners, towns, governmental agencies, non-profit partners, and community groups, and coordination with title companies, appraisers, surveyors and other due diligence consultants.
- Supports legal staff on land protection projects in California including tracking critical project dates, due diligence review, real estate closing preparation and other responsibilities as needed.
- Assists in research, development, and writing of public and private grant applications for land protection projects and programs.
- Supports community engagement and planning processes related to TPL’s land protection projects.
- Supports development and management of TPL’s application to the Department of Defense, Interior and Agriculture’s Sentinel Landscape program, including projects falling under the Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration (REPI) program.
- Co-manages the Sand-to-Sea Sentinel Landscape, when approved, with the designated REPI Coordinator and Senior TPL staff.
- Responds to inquiries by and conducts strategic outreach to individuals, community groups and government agencies regarding land protection projects.
- Prepares graphic and written materials for presentations and other project related needs.
- Manages special events held by TPL including fundraising and community events.
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including invoice submission, project tracking, meeting scheduling (digital and in-person) and grant reporting.