In collaboration with a cross-functional team and the Director of Urban Programs, the Manager will help hone the strategic direction and conservation portfolio of the Greening Our Cities initiative and will deliver on-the-ground conservation projects with a focus on l enhancing community resilience to climate change. The Manager will develop and advance partnerships with a diverse set of key stakeholders – including but not limited to neighborhood, municipal, state, and federal government entities, conservation organizations, foundations, academia, and faith-based groups. Together with partners, they will design and deliver equitable nature-based solutions that reduce flooding and extreme heat in New Jersey cities. The Manager will demonstrate understanding of the social and economic opportunities/challenges in New Jersey and approach conservation decisions with a diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice lens.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Build and maintain meaningful partnerships with and among stakeholders, including community-based organizations, government officials and funders, to accomplish program goals.
- Develop and effectively manage on-the-ground conservation greening projects in New Jersey cities.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to assess best practices related to nature-based solutions for heat island impacts and stormwater retention and/or localized flooding.
- Participate as an active member of TNC’s North America Cities Network.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.