The Conservation Communications Specialist leads conceptualization, production, and dissemination of communication products for conservation projects and conservation strategies for NASCA Program.
Uses TNC’s code of conduct and competencies as a baseline to conduct their actions and be an example for others.
The position includes following functions:
- helps develop and manage digital and editorial content strategies linked to conservation projects and strategies.
- researches, creates, produces, writes, edits, and approves a wide variety of materials including but not limited to factsheets, books, booklets, guides, APPs, web articles, social media content, photography products and videos.
- oversees the implementation of digital ads to optimize and boost TNC’s digital brand presence, strategy, and communities.
- employs a variety of communication tactics to communicate goals, objectives and mission.
- provides editorial services such as translation, text editing and proofreading, and creative content services such as storytelling strategies, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), live streaming, script, video editing, photo editing and field photography.
- overlooks that all materials and products meet TNC’s global strategic and brand standards.
- develops and foster relationships with internal and external partners.
- supports the Country Director in the implementation of communications strategy and the activities related to the business unit’s strategic plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Leads communications activities for NASCA strategic conservation programs and projects.
- Serves as team lead on assigned communication and/or digital initiatives working in close relationship and collaboratively with NASCA staff
- Coordinates day-to-day operation of digital channels for TNC Colombia, including publishing of content, community management, and digital advertising.
- Optimizes digital content, campaigns, and initiatives on a regular basis to boost performance and reach for existing and new digital strategies.
- Executes editorial assets including, but not limited to, print publications, reports, digital content development, website and social media, media outreach, and other initiatives for TNC Colombia.
- Works with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables.
- Analyzes results, identifies opportunities, and provides recommendations for future content initiatives.
- Develops and coordinates traditional and/or digital content strategies and other initiatives consistent with the overall digital brand strategy.
- Proposes innovative and creative ways to communicate conservation work on NASCA’s digital channels.
- Strengthens the relationship with different communication / marketing groups at LAR and Global level
- Provides content to both regional (LAR) and global teams whenever it is relevant for the business unit.
- Supports implementation of communications/marketing campaigns coming from priority regional/global conservation initiatives.
- Support NASCA’s fundraising processes with digital and communications content