The Conservation Easement Compliance Specialist is responsible for conservation easement compliance for the Wyoming business unit. This position provides expertise and support to the Wyoming business unit by planning and implementing easement compliance actions. They work with landowners to address easement violations and respond to inquiries on permissible uses and exercised rights. The position also leads easement amendment and correction processes. The position applies a solid understanding of laws and principles governing conservation easements. They may provide support on land protection transactions, property dispositions, easement transfers, and conservation easement monitoring, as time permits.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Lead resolutions of easement violations, including coordinating with legal staff and landowners, and draft all documents necessary to resolve violations.
- Maintain records related to easement compliance actions.
- Gain cooperation from outside parties to accomplish program goals.
- Ensure program compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, make independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and context.
- May coordinate the transfer of easements, easement-appurtenant fee properties, or fee properties or conduct conservation easement due diligence.
- May conduct property site visits to assess compliance with easement terms.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.