The Conservation Lands Data Manager provides expertise and support to programs across the United States on land information and data management, including developing and maintaining all relevant documentation. Working closely with the Conservation Lands Program Manager, they build, maintain, and quality-control geospatial and tabular data related to TNC land interests and management activities. The Conservation Lands Data Manager also provides technical support and develops and delivers training to staff individually and in groups.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
Are you looking for a career to help people and nature? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that people and nature can thrive together. The location for this position is flexible within the United States. It could be based out of an established TNC office or located in a home office preferably be within 100 miles of an established TNC office. We’re looking for someone who is a motivated problem-solver, and passionate about data management and supporting others with technology solutions. Come join TNC and apply today!
- BA/BS degree, or certification, in Geography, Biology, Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, Geospatial Technology or related field and 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing, maintaining, and populating databases.
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting data quality needs.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software, (including Esri products), for managing and analyzing data and producing data reports and maps.
- Experience collaborating with other parties to obtain different data sources.
- Experience interpreting results then developing and delivering training to practitioners.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken, and graphical means in English.
**Cover Letter must be submitted