The Manager will be responsible for advancing TNC strategic land protection goals in Kansas by managing land conservation transactions in priority conservation areas across the state. The Manager will be responsible for executing real estate transactions, including gathering, completing, and archiving documents (property inspections, baseline reports, environmental assessments, legal surveys, appraisals, and title reviews). The Manager will also support TNC staff with financial structuring of individual transactions. This position will collaborate closely with other TNC staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Geographic size and scope will be Kansas but may occasionally include work in other TNC business units.
- Plans and directs work on land protection/real estate projects.
- Serves as the project manager for real estate transactions, following a project management framework.
- Oversees/maintains real estate records and enters data in TNC’s land management database.
- Ensures program compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision and makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and context.
- Position will mostly be indoors, but a portion will be outside in potentially variable weather conditions, at remote locations, and on difficult and hazardous terrain.
- Able and willing to work extended and/or varied work hours and travel frequently and on short notice.
- Assists with other projects and duties as assigned.