You will work closely with partner hubs in the Americas and EMEA regions to maintain a 24/7 news desk, responding to inquiries, distributing engaging content across Greenpeace International’s digital platforms (currently primarily Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and website). And if that is not enough, you will also support a global network of Greenpeace offices and campaign project teams to plan and deliver impactful communications.
Success in this role will depend on having a proactive, open, and collaborative approach to working with colleagues across the world and dedication to principles of equity, diversity and justice.
This is a full-time position and is offered for 12 months (with the possibility of extension subject to review). The successful candidate may be based in a country with a Greenpeace National/Regional Organisation (subject to agreement) with a preference for candidates based in Asia Pacific countries.
What your duties will be (in a nutshell):
- Content coordination and strategic input to sharpen output plans and implementation.
- Maintain a strong understanding and up-to-date knowledge of the digital media landscape.
- Build/uphold relationships with internal partners and external media influencers to facilitate strong projects and communications.
- Use media monitoring and analytics tracking to see opportunities for responsive campaigning and impact on relevant public conversations. And to manage risks.
- Support protocols and standards that prioritise equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our work and champion best practice and high quality output in our global communications.
- Drawing on material mostly produced by Greenpeace’s national regional organisations (NROs), extend the reach and impact of campaigns by curating and repackaging content for use across Greenpeace International’s digital platforms.
- Provide expertise and creativity to support NROs, campaign projects, and allies to amplify their message — by identifying news and story angles and co-creating impactful communications plans and output.
- Write, edit and pitch ideas to build impactful content experiences in line with our global story and programme priorities
- Plan and deliver social media output and community management to deepen relationships and inform and engage new supporters, partners, allies, and influencers