This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in data engineering or working in data platforms development. It’s a fast paced role that requires skill, passion, and initiative. You will be the lead person that sets technical direction and support to the Cosmos team, as well as a vision for how campaigning organisations can use data to achieve their goals and inspire change in the world.
We are ideally looking for an innovative technologist, able to thrive in a culturally diverse and remote environment, who enjoys working collaboratively to achieve common goals.
This is a full time 2 year position, working closely with our distributed team based in Australia, and Netherlands.
You may be based in a country where one of the independent national/regional Greenpeace organisations (NROs) is located (subject to agreement). Please find here the various locations. The salary offered will be in line with local compensation and benefits policies depending on the location. For this role, we have a preference for candidates from South and East Asia and Africa regions but are open to considering applicants from other locations.
As the Cosmos Technical Architect, you will:
- Lead the design and development of a technical strategy for Greenpeace International Data platform.
- Lead, manage and contribute to the development of the integration of major enterprise technology systems and platform projects, from conceptualisation through to evaluation and project closure.
- Conduct the technical implementation and maintenance of a data governance policy, to ensure compliance and protection of Greenpeace’s data establishing organisational data flows to move data securely across departments.
- Provide direction and contribute in building an organisational data architecture framework, standards and principles including modelling, metadata, security, reference data and master data.
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications’ documentation about technical areas such as data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
- Collaborate with both the internal and distributed data teams across Greenpeace to provide experienced input, technological mentorship and a working framework underpinning the delivery of the data strategy.
- Steer, manage and support the work of a Data Engineering team by removing impediments and providing direction for consistent coding standards, development tools, agile working practices, quality assurance and technological innovations.