Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Chicago, Juneau, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Design Producer is a key role within the Design Team that coordinates various aspects of creative workflow. Requiring excellent project and people management skills, they will help organize logistics and cohere the work of production, creative, and support staff across key branding and advocacy messaging. They will support the Design team and work cross-functionally with staff—from stakeholders to producers, in keeping visual design projects on track and managing dependencies and expectations. As part of that oversight, they will also manage vendors and design contractor relationships.
Design Workflow Project Management (35%)
- Capture and formalize new project requests and assignments
- Identify scope of design deliverables, assign resources, and manage design projects as well as design involvement in cross-functional projects
- Map out production schedules and dependencies, schedule meetings
- Work cross-functionally to collaborate with managers, creative teams, press strategists, and other department or program stakeholders
- Coordinate production cycles of multiple creative projects and campaigns
- Oversee workflow in partnership with Design Manager
- Interpret creative feedback into actionable next steps
Vendor Management (20%)
- Initiate and/or manage vendor logistics including contracts and onboarding
- Manage logistics for new and ongoing vendors and contractor relationships
Brand Asset Management (25%)
- Audit and archive final project deliverables
- Help manage brand library in digital asset management system
- Format files for importing
- Upload of new media
- Curate bodies of work or campaign collections
- Support staff in the access and use of core brand assets across multiple libraries that include the Earthjustice intranet, digital asset management system, and MS Teams.
- Help identify and improve accessibility across tools, particularly MS Teams
Design Team Process Improvement and Advocate (10%)
- Implement and engage workflow best practices with creative briefs, scheduling, and stakeholder reviews
- Help set and manage expectations with team and greater staff around design workflow and best practices
Learning and Professional Development (10%)
- Attend seminars, webinars and training as professional development.
- Attend internal DEI learning opportunities to increase awareness of creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Collaborate with PM resources in comms and operations for knowledge sharing