The Development Coordinator may be responsible various activities, including drafting correspondence and acknowledgements, assisting donors with asset transfer, processing and recording gifts, planning logistics of meetings, and assisting with the planning of special events for prospects and donors. They may provide program information to prospects and donors, assist with writing development publications and proposals, and donor research. The Coordinator uses the available fundraising management system to produce donor reports, perform analysis and research, and track prospects and donors. They apply established processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Coordinator may have substantial contact with staff, donors, legal and financial professionals. They will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. They will perform administrative functions as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Financial responsibility may include working within a budget, purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking.
- Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Serve as a team member for assigned projects.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work overtime as needed.