The Manager, Major Gifts will be joining the energetic and growing Development Division at Conservation International. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining systems that result in raising funds from individual donors and family foundations. The Development team raises $50M-$100M annually in funds from individuals and foundations and serves as relationship managers for donors of all levels to catalyze the resources needed for Conservation International to harness nature’s ability to mitigate climate change, to bring ocean conservation to scale globally, to demonstrate sustainability for nature and people in priority landscapes and seascapes, and to accelerate innovation in science and finance for conservation.
The Manager assists in building a strong pipeline of donor accounts and ensuring regular and effective engagement with prospects, via its oversight of key processes for the Major Gift team. These processes include metrics and accountability, portfolio management, stewardship activities, research on new prospects, and data integrity. The Manager will lead fundraising efforts and manage relationships with a small portfolio of donors, leading strategy, stewardship, and reporting to those donors as part of the major donor qualification process. This position works with the Sr. Managing Director of Major Gifts to organize team meetings and strategy sessions and to manage the Sr. Managing Director’s portfolio, providing writing and editing support on proposals, reports, and other correspondence with donors.
Major Gifts Team:
- Manage a strong pipeline of donor accounts through portfolio management processes across the Major Gifts department, working directly with each relationship manager.
- Support Sr. Managing Director of Major Gifts/ portfolio, providing writing and editing support on proposals, reports, and other correspondence with donors.
- Track fundraising efforts in Raiser’s Edge or related database; ensure data integrity and consistent applications of data management protocols; monitor metrics and support accountability efforts.
- Provide direction to Major Gift Coordinator in supporting Major Gift team on data entry, list management, and administrative duties.
- Raise revenue from a small portfolio of donors against an annual revenue goal by leading the development and implementation of donor fundraising strategies.
Major Gifts Department Process Management:
- Work with Mid-Level Giving lead and other individual giving programs to manage the pipeline of donors into the Major Gifts program, managing flow of incoming MG level donors, including RM assignments, setting up records in RE, and tracking acknowledgment and qualification processes.
- Manage and support enhanced stewardship in collaboration with the Donor Experience team by developing a program of materials (reports, standard concept papers, and proposals), mailings, donor communications, and events (galas, webinars, salons).
- Manage workflow of Major Gift research requests by designing and implementing a system in collaboration with the Development Research Team.
- Lead production of Major Gift research profiles for galas and other cultivation and stewardship events.
- Support Sr. Managing Director, Major Gifts, on other department-wide efforts such as producing retreats and coordinated fundraising campaigns.
- Other related duties as assigned.