The Development Program Senior Manager will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the team by developing and implementing tactics for approved plans, and completing and organizing multiple tasks and activities. They will identify individual priorities based on the needs of the program. They will manage, track, and report on key data related to the team scope and priorities. The Senior Manager will perform independent analysis of key program data, which may include donor or gift information. They may be responsible for processing gifts. They will provide recommendations and targeted training related to the functional area of the team. The Senior Manager must have advanced knowledge of the systems and resources utilized by the team in order to provide programmatic support and coordinate communications related to the resources. They will have substantial contact with stakeholders and may serve as the lead liaison with partners. They take on additional duties to enhance the work of the team, such duties may include, but are not limited to, a more significant role in training, developing documentation, and/or enhancing the systems and tools used by the team. The Development Program Senior Manager will keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to improve services. They will adapt processes and implement recommended practices in order to improve effectiveness based on their in-depth understanding of related policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently within broad program goals to prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Does not supervise any staff but may manage work of peers on departmental project teams.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and negotiating and contracting with vendors.
- Be in charge of managing the development system, including updating data and running reports
- Produce the monthly report of the Strategy Development function of TNC China program.
- Be liaison with other business units and regional office of TNC.
- May manage accounts or client relationship based on the requirement.
- Manage projects with several variables, set realistic deadlines, manage a timeline, and ensure accountability.
- May provide oversight for a key function of the team.
- Provide input through project teams for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing programs.
- Travel and work overtime as needed.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.